Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

The BEST kid glue in town!

Ok, I don't know about you but my 6 year old little boy is FULL of energy.  (I'm not just saying that!)  He doesn't sleep, he constantly runs, he is kinda a little terror! (but oh so cute and wonderful)  I don't think he has actually sat down in at least the last 3 years.  Anyway....  yesterday we headed over to Roberts so he could spend his $5 on something creative.  After roughly 45 minutes wandering the store with all 4 of the little ones (ages 2, 4, 6 & 8)  He finally found something......  Drumroll please.......
Yup, popsicle sticks.... 45 minutes for these babies.  Now if you are like me you have a love/hate relationship with Elmers glue.  I LOVE the clean up, but actually getting the kids to hold something in place while it dries is worse than pulling teeth.  I just couldn't fathom that!  So I thought... maybe some wood glue?   They were having a sale on adhesives so I headed over to the "glue section" and found this!

I am in Love again.... It bonds almost instantly, but doesn't dry that quick.  So my little man could put it together and it stuck, but if he changed his mind (which happens alot!) he could move the stick.  The best part... It cleans up just like Elmers, water and soap & poof!  CLEAN!

He has now been working on his masterpiece for over a day now.  And he's still going strong.  He just keeps adding new parts to his creation.  I'm gonna have to head back over to Roberts and get more glue & sticks! 

No comments: