Let me start at the beginning. I searched out, getting kids to clean on Google a while back and came across a few ideas. The best one was to turn it into a game. My kids favorite, the color game. I shout out a color and everyone scrambles to put away that color, who ever puts away the most things wins the game (and usually gets a cookie) They liked this so much I did some more research.
I saw these on a great blog, and for the life of me I can't remember which blog it was on (if it is yours let me know so I can link to it) It is the cleaning dice....
It is just a simple 4x4 post cut down into a dice. I sanded it and rough painted it (i figured why spend a lot of time on the finish, the kids would 'ding' it up rolling it) I then added the vinyl with the daily house hold cores (sweep, vacuum, family room, bath room, kitchen, and of course FREE DAY)
Here are the rules.
1) First one done with their rooms gets to roll the dice first.
2) Whatever it lands on that is your chore.
3) If you land on the Free Day, you don't have to do chores that day.
4) If a chore has already been rolled you must roll the dice again.
5) You can't get a Free Day 2 days in a row.
6) If you finish your chore you can earn an extra snack by rolling the dice again.
The kids LOVE it. Then I decided, why not make the colored dice. For when the play room is REALLY messy. They roll the dice and that's the color they pick up.
Linking Up With