Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What can you do with a $1 piece of particle board?

While shopping at one of my favorite stores (The Home Depot) I often frequent the “left over” wood section. This is the place where the pieces of wood that have already been cut and they have odd shaped or measured wood that they can’t sell for full price. So I get to buy them cheap! They range anywhere from $0.50 to $3.00 a piece. I found 3 pieces of 3ft x 4 ft particle board for a $1 a piece. I thought to my self, “Self, buy them, Christmas is coming up” So I did!

Once home I’ve set out on a mission on figuring out all the great things you can make with a piece of particle board. Here’s what I’ve come up with so far…


Welcome sign (the words around the edges are Welcome in 8 different languages)


I showed this one in a previous post but it fit here too!


Proclamation for The Family


Halloween Subway art.  I just love the look of this one!


More subway art, with a great message.  My kids love this one.

What ideas do you have for the particle board?

Linking Up With

No comments: